Working closely with reputable teaching agencies/schools in China – we have created a special Teach in China Graduate Teaching Program.
We have been working with them for several years and provide reliable and professional TEFL Teaching Positions in China. Enabling our Graduate Teaching Program students to teach in Beijing.
Why Teach in China?
Beijing is in the heart of China. It combines the old with the new and is easily one of the most cultural cities in China. Beijing’s history dates back to more than 3000 year’s and it offers plenty of sight-seeing for the working teacher; such as The Great Wall – the world’s longest man-made wall, and The Forbidden City – It is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world.
Can you see yourself in a modern environment, closely tutoring a small group of children and teaching them reading and conversation skills? How about delivering a high-energy workshop to 20 teens, boosting their confidence and encouraging self development? Or teaching in a public school and making a difference to the lives of hundreds of students every year?
The Graduate Program works with a range of carefully selected partners, from small private language centres to large public schools giving you the chance to choose from a diverse range of roles and institutions to match your skills and preferences.
Your job will be to deliver well-planned lessons, often with a focus on oral English. In a Private Language Centre, class sizes typically range between 1- 10 students, and 40-60 students in public schools. You will be helped along the way by a teaching assitant.
TEFL China Teaching Program
We offer the best and most comprehensive teaching program for TEFL Teachers wishing to Teach in Beijing. We work closely with the Government Agencies to provide teachers with ESL positions in Government Schools. TEFL Zone and it’s partners work closely together so that our teachers can get all their paper-work together before leaving their home country. We help the teacher apply for the Z-Visa and PU Letter, we help the teacher understand their Chinese contract, and we help teachers when they arrive in China – from getting their Residence Permit to Finding A House. We understand that teachers are wary of being in a new country but we are able to help them adapt quickly to their new working environment.
What We Do Checklist
- Provide assistance with pre-departure paperwork so that you can get your PU Letter and Z-Visa.
- Organise an online interview with a school before you depart.
- Provide interview tips to get past the interview stage.
- Advise you on how to make a China Schools introduction video.
- Assist you in legalising your paperwork.
- On arrival our partners will give you an Orientation to help you familiarize yourself in this new environment.
- Our partners will help you find an apartment of your choice. They will communicate between agents and yourself.
- They will take you to school on the first day and hold a meet and greet with a contact teacher.
- Our partners will pick you up at the airport and take you to their offices.
- Our partners will organise free hotel accommodation for the first few nights after arriving in Beijing – the length of this depends on our Chinese partners.
- Our partners will help you to understand the local transport system and how to get around Beijing.
- Our partners will host gatherings for new teachers to get together and make new friends.
Graduate Teaching Program – Why?
We are experts at sending teachers abroad to different locations. We are able to find the school and position for the teacher – even before they arrive in China. We are with you throughout every stage; pre-departure – to arrivals. Our partners are experts based in China that are able to ease to communication between you, visa agents, and schools. Our partners have also been vetted so that we maintain a high standard in the TEFL industry.
Graduate Program Eligibility
Are you passionate? Do you have a curiosity to see the world? Do you old excellent communication skills? We do not require specific majors or degree classifications/GPA. Any bachelors degree is acceptable to teach English in China. If you’re flexible, adaptable, outgoing and meet our basic requirements then apply today.
Overview of Teaching In Public Schools in China
- 15 – 20 Teaching Classes Per Week
- 40-45 minutes classes
- 2 Hour Lunch Breaks
- School Activities including English Arts Festivals
- Class sizes of 40 – 50 students (It’s not as bad as it sounds)
- Co-workers with a good level of English.
- Teach in Primary Schools Or Middles Schools
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- Final year of Undergraduate or Master’s study, or have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in any subject within the past 3 years;
- Bachelor’s degree awarded by a University in one of the following countries: United Kingdom, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland or South Africa;
- Clean criminal record.
Rewards and Benefits
Graduate Teaching Program Participants receive the following remuneration package:
- A £1400- £2000+/ US$1900-$2400+/ AUD$2500 – $3800 monthly salary, city dependent (low tax and cost of living)
- Housing provided (apartment or monthly allowance)
- International flight reimbursement, or paid for up-front flight
- Mandarin lessons
- Performance and overtime bonuses
- Pre-departure Training
- Social and cultural events
With key living expenses covered, such as accommodation, coupled with a very low cost of living (around one-third of the cost of living in the US, Canada, UK or Australia), your salary will go a long way – think weekends exploring other parts of China and South-East Asia, eating out daily, using spas, and taking cabs!
Register Your Interest Today